A welcome banner is a great way to decorate your home for guests, whether it’s for a holiday, a birthday party, or a special event. If you’re looking for a way to make a welcome home banner that is both unique and personal, then this blog post is for you! We’ll show you how to make this banner using our free printable template. You can use any colors or patterns that you like, and we’ll provide the free template that you need. A colorful and fun banner is a great way to show your visitors that they are appreciated. You can use this banner to show your friends and family how glad you are to see them and welcome them to your home. This fun craft project is easy, and you can do it for free with printable templates.
This is the ideal and free craft project that is perfect for pre k, Kindergarten, grade school kids and even adults to do. It’s always fun welcoming friends and family into your home, and this printable banner will make the perfect decorative touch.
Supplies needed to make a Welcome Banner:
- printer and paper (we recommend using cardstock)
- string or ribbon
- tape or glue
- markers, crayons, or colored pencils
- Free Template (download at the bottom of the blog post)
How to Make a Welcome Banner:
- Download the free printable welcome banner template. Print out the template on heavy cardstock paper. If you want your banner to be double-sided, be sure to print out two copies.
- Decide on the colors you will use to decorate your printable banner and print out the template.
- Cut out the flag shapes from the cardstock paper using sharp scissors. If your template includes a pattern, use an X-ACTO knife to cut out the flags.
- Punch holes in the top corners of each flag using a hole punch.
- String the flags onto twine or ribbon, and tie each end onto dowel rods or Command strips (for hanging on door).
- Decorate the letter templates with markers, crayons, or however is appropriate. You could even use glitter, or decorative pieces such as stickers or jewels.
- Hang up your welcome banner! You can use tape, tacks, or pushpins to attach the banner to a wall or doorframe. Enjoy!
Welcome banners are a great way to decorate your home for a party or holiday, and it is also a great way to show visitors they are appreciated. You can make the banner yourself with some simple supplies like paper, scissors, and tape or glue. Follow the instructions above to make your own welcome banner in just a few easy steps.
Check out some of our other free printables: