Do you want to remember your child’s first year forever? A baby’s time capsule is a great way to do that! What an exciting time it is when a baby comes into the world! As parents, we want to capture every moment and save them for future generations. One fun way to do this is by creating a baby’s time capsule. This can be as simple or elaborate as you desire, but the key is to include memorable items that will evoke happy memories for years to come. In this blog post, we will discuss 10 ideas for items to put in your baby’s time capsule!In this blog post, we will discuss some ideas for what to include in your baby’s time capsule. We will also provide tips on how to make the process easy and fun for both you and your child.
What do you put in your baby’s time capsule?
When it comes to deciding what to put in your time capsule, the sky is the limit! You can include anything that you think will help capture your child’s personality and the spirit of their first year. Here are some ideas to get you started.
1. A letter of blessings written by you to your child
2. Your baby’s hand and feet set in an ornament or frame such as this
3. Handprint Art
4. Of course you will want to include plenty of photos. Capture all of your baby’s first year milestones
5. A journal written by mom to capture your thoughts and feelings from the first year. Write down for them what you love most about being their parent, or draw pictures of things they enjoyed during the year.
6. A video of you assembling the time capsule would be such a fun video to watch in 20-30 years when your child is an adult and possibly have their own kids.
7. Your Child’s Artwork
8. Magazines or news articles from the day they were born
9. Ultrasound photos taken during the pregnancy
10. One photo of each month of the first twelve months
11. Baby Clothes and include your favorite outfits
12. Favorite Toys or Picture of favorite toys so they can look back and remember how much they loved them
13. Information , magazines or newspaper articles about current events from the year the child was born
14. A copy of your current family budget and how much it costs to live
15. A small toy from a drive through restaurant such as a Happy meal from McDonald’s
16. The baby’s first hat and blanket given to them by the hospital that they wore in the hospital nursery
18. Gadget or toys that is hot right now (examples are a figet toy, Pokemon cards, etc)
19. A list of recently released movies and TV shows that are popular during the child’s birth year.
20. A map of your current city and residence so you can see how developments change through the years
21. Newly released stamps from the baby’s birth year
22. ID bracelets worn by you and the baby during the hospital stay
23. Write down a list of predictions and hopes for your child’s future
24. Photos of the baby nursery
25. A floorpan of your home and pictures of the home
26. Notes written to the child from important people such as grandma, great grandma, aunts, uncles
27. A list of Bible verses that you want your child to learn as they become adults
28. A receipt from the store showing the cost of baby food, formula, or diapers
29. Cards and letters from family when the child was born
30. Mom or Dad’s business cards and information about their employment
31. Tickets from memorable events that the child has attended
32. Information about your child’s first friends and pictures from playdates
33. Photo of pregnancy progression
34. Your child’s birth announcements
35. A photo of your car
36. A weather report from the day the child was born
37. Baby’s weight and height documented throughout the first year
38. A receipt showing the price of gas from the year the child was born
39. A bucket list written by you of things you want to do during the child’s growing up years
40. Birthday cards from the Child’s first birthday
41. Photos of your child’s favorite pet
42. Playlist of #1 songs from that year
43. Drawing of a family tree with all the current family members
44. The first picture that the child drew
45. Product packaging from items such as cereal boxes, coke bottles, etc
46. Baby’s first pair of shoes
47. Drawings or letters from siblings
48. Decor from the first birthday party such as napkins, paper plate, streamers
49. Photos of guests who visited the hospital when the child was born
50. Photos of first birthday party guests with the child at the party
51. Photos and memorabilia from child’s first vacation
Assembling your Baby’s Time Capsule
Now that you have some ideas for what to put in your baby’s time capsule, let’s talk about how to create it. The first step is to find a container that will be big enough to hold everything you want to include. A plastic storage bin works well for this. Or you can purchase a personalized time capsule box such as this one. Once you have your container, decorate it with pictures and words that represent your baby’s first year.
Now that you have some ideas of what to include, here are a few tips to make sure the process is easy and fun:
Start Early: Don’t wait until your baby’s first birthday to start collecting items for their time capsule. Start gathering things as soon as they are born, so you won’t forget anything later on.
Get organized: Before you start putting things in the time capsule, take some time to get organized. Decide what items you want to include and where you want to store them. This will make it easier to find everything when it’s time to seal up the capsule.
Label everything: Be sure to label all of the items you include in the time capsule. This will help you and your child know what everything is when you open it up in the future.
Make it a family affair: Creating a time capsule is a great way to involve your whole family! Have everyone contribute something to the capsule. This will make it even more special when you open it up years from now.
Make It Personal: Include items that are unique to your child kind.
Creating a baby’s first year time capsule is a fun way to remember this special time in your child’s life. Use the ideas and tips above to make the process easy and enjoyable for both you and your baby!
Making a baby’s time capsule is a fun way to remember all the special moments from their first year. Now your baby’s first year is safely stored away for future generations to enjoy! Creating a time capsule is a great way to capture all of those special moments from your child’s first year. Have fun putting yours together!
Similar Post: 79 Time Capsule Ideas (Plus Free Printable)