As we continue our Lego-building Christmas projects, I want to give you step-by-step instructions on how to make a LEGO Christmas Tree. This is a fun and simple Christmas tree that will provide entertainment and fun for your kids. They can also add their creative touch to this Lego Christmas tree.
Lego and STEM Building Activities combine learning with play and make education enjoyable. Building LEGO STEM projects together can be a bonding activity for parents and children, promoting quality time and shared learning.
Christmas trees come in all different shapes and sizes so use your creativity to make this LEGO Christmas tree. If you don’t have the colors listed in the instructions, create your own LEGO Christmas tree with any colors that you may have on hand. Grab your LEGO friends and your collection of LEGO bricks and enjoy a day of holiday fun and building time.
This post contains affiliate links meaning I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post at no cost to you. Read my disclosure policy here.
Table of Contents
LEGO Bricks used to build this LEGO Christmas Tree:
6 2 x 2 Round Plates
4 6×6 round plates with tube snap
8 4×4 plates 1⁄4 circle
1 4×4 plate
8 1×4 plate
7 2×2 plates with knob
1×1 round plates, in various colors for decorating 1 tree
How to Build a LEGO Christmas Tree Step-by-Step
Assemble the needed Lego bricks in a pile and organize them before you start the project.
Using the baseplate, add the green 45-degree angled bricks to the base plate. Next, add the plant plates to the sides of the angled bricks.
Next, add the colored circles to the bottom of the green bricks. After you have assembled the yellow plates with the green bricks on the bottom, move on to using the white 1/4 circle plates.
Connect the 1/4 circle plates by using the green bricks on the bottom.
After the 1/4 bases are connected, begin stacking the pieces to form the Christmas tree. Stack starting with the widest section on the bottom.
Next Step: Photos showing how to assemble the Lego Christmas Tree Topper
Building a LEGO Christmas tree with your kids is a wonderful holiday activity that offers numerous benefits, including quality family time, creative expression, and skill development. Here are a few additional details you can add to your Lego Christmas Tree:
- Decorate the Tree: Use colorful LEGO bricks to represent ornaments and decorations. Your kids can get creative by adding different designs and patterns to the tree.
- Add a Star: If you have a LEGO star, place it at the top of the tree. Alternatively, you can build a small star using yellow and other colored LEGO bricks.
- Incorporate Minifigures: Decorate the tree with LEGO minifigures or holiday-themed pieces. They can be positioned on the branches or around the base as if they’re part of the festive scene.
- Customize: Encourage your children to customize the tree as they like. They can experiment with different ornament shapes, sizes, and colors.
- Share the Story: As you build, share stories or sing Christmas carols to make the experience even more festive and enjoyable.
- Display and Celebrate: Once the LEGO Christmas tree is complete, display it prominently in your home, perhaps as part of your holiday decor. You can also use it as a centerpiece for a holiday party or celebration.
- Preserve the Memory: Take photos of the finished tree and your kids with their creation to create lasting memories of this special activity.
Building a LEGO Christmas tree with your kids offers the opportunity for family bonding, creative expression, and holiday fun. It’s a memorable way to celebrate the season and create a lasting tradition with your loved ones.