Make this Easy Reindeer Mason Jar Christmas Craft
Complete a fun and easy Reindeer Mason jar Christmas Craft to create decorative pieces that you can keep or hand out to loved ones as gifts. These reindeer mason jars are adorable and do not take long to make when using the right supplies.
Would you like to do a fun craft this holiday season? If crafting is your thing and you want to make some holiday-themed items, try doing this easy Reindeer Mason jar Christmas Craft. You can turn a basic mason jar into an adorable holiday piece that you can use to decorate your home when trying to get in the holiday spirit. It is a simple craft that does not take too long to complete, and it is kid-friendly. You might want to buy several mason jars and stock up on the supplies needed to complete this craft so that you and your children can each make your own reindeer mason jars.
The Supplies You’ll Need to Do the Reindeer Mason Jar Craft
When doing the Reindeer Mason Jar Craft, you should have the following supplies ready to use:
- Mason Jar. The mason jar is the most important part of this craft. You cannot complete the craft without it. And if you have time, you can read about the history of the mason jar here
- Brown Acrylic Paint. You will add color to your mason jar by using brown acrylic paint.
- Paintbrush. Do not forget the paintbrush! It will help you apply a clean and fresh coating of brown acrylic paint to the jar.
- Googly Eyes. Gluing googly eyes to the jar will make it look even more like a reindeer.
- Brown Pipe Cleaners. The brown pipe cleaners will resemble the appearance of antlers on a reindeer.
- Red Pom Poms. Use a red pom for the nose of your reindeer mason jar.
- Hot Glue. When sticking items to the mason jar, hot glue is the best option because it sticks so well.
- Mod Podge. This is optional to use if you was to seal the jar after painting.
You may already have most or all of these supplies at home, especially if you enjoy completing crafts alone or with loved ones.
What to Do With Your Reindeer Mason Jars
After you complete the Reindeer Mason Jar Craft, you can wait for the jars to dry before using them for different purposes. Some people like to use them for decorative purposes inside the home during the holiday season. While that is an option, you can also use these jars as decorative gifts for loved ones. Fill the jars with some of your favorite candies, such as chocolate kisses or peppermints, and give them out to those who mean the most to you during the holiday season.
Paint the entire jar brown (this can take up to three coats for good coverage)
Seal with a coat of Mod Podge (optional).
Cut a two ear shapes approx. 1.5″ out of brown felt material. Glue the ears to each side of the jar. Twist the pipe cleaners into antler shapes.
Glue the antlers to each side of the top of the jar. Glue the red pom pom to the front bottom edge of the jar. Glue the eyes above the red pom pom nose. Fill the jar with candy canes.