Honey Slime Recipe (only 3 Ingredients)
If you’re a fan of slime-making and looking for a new and exciting recipe to try, we got you covered with our Honey Slime Recipe! This recipe combines the squishy texture of slime with the sweet scent and golden hue of honey. We’ll guide you through the process of creating your very own honey slime. From the essential ingredients to step-by-step instructions, we’ll ensure that you have all the knowledge you need to whip up this recipe in no time. We love slime craft recipes so, get ready to mix, stretch, and squish your way to some sticky sweet fun!
What ingredients do you need to make 3-ingredient slime?
- ½ cup honey
- 1 cup cornstarch (powdered sugar can also be used but you will need more than 1 cup)
- 3 to 5 tablespoons oil (I used vegetable oil)
How to make slime with honey?
In a microwave-safe container, mix together the cornstarch and honey by pressing with the back of a spoon. Mix as much of the cornstarch into the honey as you can.
Place the mixture into the microwave for 15 to 30 seconds or just until warmed.
To the honey mixture, add 1 tablespoon of oil at a time until it forms a dough.
Turn the dough out onto parchment or waxed paper. Knead (and smooth) oil into the dough until it reaches a stretchy, slime-like consistency.
If the honey slime becomes sticky or stiff while playing, add a little more oil.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature. If refrigerated, the slime will become stiff. Bring to room temperature before playing.
How do you store edible slime?
Storing edible slime properly is essential to ensure its longevity and maintain its quality for future use. Here are some guidelines to help you store your edible slime:
- Container – Transfer the slime to a clean, food-safe, airtight container with a tight-fitting lid.
- Refrigeration – For slime made with perishable ingredients, store it in the refrigerator to maintain freshness.
- Labeling – Remember to label the container with the creation date for easy reference.
- Avoid Moisture – Keep the container tightly sealed to prevent moisture from affecting the slime’s consistency.
- Shelf Life – Consume edible slime within a few days to a week if refrigerated, checking for signs of spoilage before use.
- Spoilage Signs – Look out for unpleasant odor, mold growth, or changes in texture or color as indications of spoilage.
- Safety First – When in doubt, discard slime that shows signs of spoilage or has been stored for an extended period.
By following these storage tips, you can keep your edible slime fresh, safe, and ready for enjoyment whenever you desire!
How to make honey slime more stretchy?
If you want to make your honey slime more stretchy, there are a few techniques you can try. Here are some tips to help you achieve that stretchy goodness:
- Increase the amount of clear glue in your recipe while maintaining the same amount of honey. Adding more glue can enhance the stretchiness of the slime.
- Mix in a small amount of baby oil, lotion, or liquid glycerin to the slime mixture. These moisturizing agents can help make the slime more pliable and stretchy.
- Gradually add a pinch of cornstarch to the honey slime mixture and knead it thoroughly. Cornstarch can contribute to a stretchier texture.
- Spend some time stretching and kneading the slime with your hands. Applying gentle pressure and pulling it apart repeatedly can help improve its elasticity and stretchiness.
- Sometimes, slime needs a little time to “break in” and become more stretchy. Allow the slime to sit for a while, and then try stretching it again later.
More Slime Recipes:
How to Make Fluffy Unicorn Slime
Orange Slime Recipe – Perfect Craft for a Kids Party
How to Make Edible Slime From Jello
This honey slime recipe is a fun and easy activity that can provide hours of sensory play and exploration. By following our step-by-step instructions, you can get on a sticky, stretchy adventure right in your own home. From adjusting the honey-to-glue ratio to incorporating moisturizing ingredients, there are various ways to customize your honey slime and make it uniquely yours. Whether you’re a parent looking for a fun activity for your kids or simply a slime fan seeking a new sensory experience, making honey slime offers endless possibilities for creativity and play. So, grab your ingredients, get creative, and enjoy the sticky, honey-filled adventure!