This post contains affiliate links. If you click & make a purchase, I receive a commission! Thanks! As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. You can read my disclosure policy here.
Pamper yourself with unicorn-themed DIY bath salts that you can add to your bathwater when you want to have a relaxing spa-like experience. Have fun making these bath salts alone or with your children.
Bath salts are great to use when you want to moisturize your skin and experience the spa-like treatment at home. It is common for people to add these salts to their bathwater when they want to reduce stress, sleep better, and soothe their aching bodies after a long day at work. Instead of buying pre-made bath salts, you can enhance your experience using them by following this guide on making unicorn-themed DIY Bath Salts. The process of making these salts for the tub is simple and fun.
Must-Have Supplies For Making DIY Bath Salts
Make the DIY Bath Salt at home with a few must-have components. These are the items you should have ready to use to create unicorn-themed bath salts:
- Epsom Salts. The Epsom salts get mixed with oils, sprinkles, and other essential ingredients to create these DIY bath salts that are relaxing and soothing.
- 1/8 Tsp of each – Rose, Lavender and Golden Blue Mica Powder
- Baking Soda. You will need to add baking soda to your blend to give these homemade salts the right effect.
- 15 drops of Pomegranate Fragrance Oil. The fragrance oil truly gives these bath salts their great scent.
- Unicorn Sprinkles. Use unicorn sprinkles to make these bath salts colorful, decorative, and fun to use.
- Lavender. The lavender offers soothing, calming properties that are great to have when soaking in the tub.
You will also need some olive oil, citric acid, and cornstarch.
How to Make the DIY Bath Salts
Make the unicorn-themed DIY Bath Salts with ease by combining your dry ingredients into a medium mixing bowl.
You should make sure to add one ingredient to the bowl at a time instead of pouring them in together. After you have your dry ingredients together, carefully pour in your olive oil, and whisk the ingredients.
Divide your ingredients into three separate bowls, add a color of mica to each bowl, and then throw in some unicorn sprinkles. You can layer each bowl’s contents on top of one another in a large jar and store your bath salts for when you plan on using them.
How to Use the DIY Bath Salts
After making your unicorn-themed DIY Bath Salts, you can pour about two cups of them into the tub water. It is best to get the salts to dissolve into the water, so try to start pouring them into the tub while still having the hot water running. Once you fill the tub with the perfect amount of water and the bath salts have dissolved, you are good to go. You can get in the tub and start soaking for as long as you would like.
Although perfect for personal use, these homemade bath salts are great to give as gifts to loved ones. You may want to make these for the unicorn lovers in your life, such as your children, siblings, and close friends.
- 1 oz Epsom Salts
- 2 oz Baking Soda
- 1 oz Cornstarch
- 1 oz Citric Acid
- ⅛ tsp of each - Rose, Lavender, and Golden Blue Mica
- 15 drops Pomegranate Fragrance Oil
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp unicorn sprinkles
- 3 small (cereal size) bowls
- WhiskMeasuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Small spoon
- Jar for storing
- Pour the dry ingredients (Epsom Salts, Baking Soda, Cornstarch, and Citric Acid) into a medium-size bowl, one ingredient at a time.
- Stir very well until completely combined.
- Add the olive oil very slowly, whisking the entire time.
- Continue whisking until you have an even texture.
- Divide mixture evenly into the three cereal size bowls.
- Add one color of mica to each bowl and stir very well until the color is completely combined.
- Add sprinkles to each bowl and stir. Layer the colors, one or two spoonfuls at a time into the jar until full.
- Add 3-5 tablespoons to your bath.