Create a scrub for your body that smells good and exfoliates the skin, leaving you with softer, smoother skin that glows. Once you know how to make Vanilla Sugar Scrub, you will never go back to buying scrubs from the store.
Do you want to find the perfect scrub to use on your body while taking a shower or bath? Instead of purchasing one from the store, learn how to make a Vanilla Body Scrub with simple ingredients. The scrub will work to get rid of the dead skin on your body while leaving it nourished and hydrated.
The vanilla scent of the scrub will make you smell good. You can make this easy and beneficial scrub for your body and then use it while bathing. Simply wash your body and then apply the scrub to different areas, including your legs, arms, and feet. With continued use of the homemade body scrub, you should feel and see a difference.
This post contains affiliate links meaning I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post at no cost to you. Read my disclosure policy here.
Table of Contents
Supplies Needed to Make a Vanilla Sugar Scrub
When you want to know how to make vanilla body scrub, make sure you have the following ingredients on hand to use:
¾ cup sugar
¼ cup grapeseed oil or coconut oil
- Raw Sugar. Raw sugar is one of several ingredients used to create body scrubs. It helps exfoliate the skin to leave it smooth.
- Coconut Oil (or Grapeseed Oil)Coconut oil is a carrier oil and is known for its hydrating properties. It makes skin feel softer.
- Vanilla Essential Oil. Using vanilla essential oil in the mixture is a great way to give your scrub the perfect scent.
- Bronze Mica Powder Mica is a colorant that is non-toxic and safe for your skin.
You can easily find these ingredients at a local grocery store, purchase them, and put together your own body scrub that lasts longer and is far more affordable than options you would find in stores.
How to Make Vanilla Body Scrub With Your Ingredients
If you want to make the vanilla body scrub, start by mixing your dry ingredients which are the sugar and mica powder. You can then add in your coconut oil or grapeseed oil and vanilla essential oil little by little, making sure to create a scrub with the right consistency.
You do not want it to be too runny, but you do want to make sure it has enough oil in it to keep the scrub from drying out. After mixing your ingredients, pour them into a container with a lid and store the scrub until you want to use it in the shower. It can be kept in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
How to use Vanilla Sugar Body Scrub
Use the vanilla body scrub once or twice a week to help exfoliate the skin and eliminate dryness and rough patches. Besides using it on yourself to have hydrated and moisturized skin, you can add the vanilla body scrub to small jars with lids, tie a piece of ribbon around each of the jars, and hand them out as gifts to loved ones during the holiday season. You can also experiment with different essential oils when creating this body scrub.
More Essential Oil Ideas:
There are many benefits to making your own body scrub at home, including:
- Customization: When you make your own body scrub, you have complete control over the ingredients you use, allowing you to customize the scent, texture, and exfoliating power to your liking.
- Natural ingredients: Homemade body scrubs can be made with natural ingredients, such as sugar, salt, coffee, and essential oils, which can provide additional therapeutic benefits for your skin.
- Cost-effective: Making your own body scrub can be much more cost-effective than buying it from a store, especially if you plan to use it regularly.
- Eco-friendly: By making your own body scrub, you can reduce the amount of plastic packaging and waste that comes with store-bought products.
- Exfoliation: Regular exfoliation with a body scrub can help remove dead skin cells, improve circulation, and leave your skin feeling smooth and soft.
Making homemade body scrubs is a fun family activity that can be beneficial in many ways. You can use the natural scrubs at home and add healthy essential oils to them. They can also be given as gifts to friends and family.